Research laboratory and conservation of wetlands (LRCZH); Faculty of Natural Sciences and Life Sciences and Earth and Universe, Mai 8, 1945 Guelma University was created by Ministerial Order n ° 146 of 14 April 2012 as part of Executive Order No. 99- 244 of 21 Rajab 1420 corresponding to 31 October 1999. It is composed of four (04) teams comprising of 20 teachers-researchers and 17 PhD students. Research activities conducted in this laboratory cover the area of wetland conservation; Biodiversity and Ecology, Conservation and Management, Ecology of waterbirds and other vertebrates and Biomonitoring water quality. Among the :
- Carrying out research projects in the field of concervation of wetlands (PNR, CNEPRU, ...)
- Contribute to the training of young reserchers.
- Develop and disseminate research results
- Collaborate with research laboratories and / or industrial sector of ecological protection,
- Contribute to the development of research networks.